NVS ( Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas ) Admissions 2020 – Registration / Schedule / Syllabus
You would have heard about Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas . They are one of the premier education schools in India which are residential. You will find all the information related to Navodaya Vidyalaya Admissions, Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti, NVS Application forms, JNVST Registration Link.
What are Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya ?
Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas schools are affiliated to CBSE. These schools offer free education to children from Class VI to class XII.
Admission to Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya is done for Class-VI with lateral entry in Classes- IX & XI. Each Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya is a co-educational residential institution providing free boarding and lodging, free school uniforms, text books, stationery, and to and fro rail and bus fare to students.
There is supposed to be one Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya in every district of the country.
JNVs have classes from VI to XII standard. Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya are known for their academic excellence. Their admission is through merit-based entrance test . Many JNV’s have smart classes.
They give great emphasis to sports as well. There are 2 hours of daily time alloted for sports and other play activities. You can choose handball, football, volleyball, basketball, kho-kho, badminton, kabaddi, hockey or cricket.
Many campuses also have a gymnasium and multi-purpose halls. Indoor games i.e table tennis and chess are well promoted.
Inter-school competitions are held yearly. Competition are held at cluster level, regional level, national level, and SGFI level (School Games Federation of India) .
What is Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti ?
Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti is an autonomous organization. It falls under Ministry of Human Resource Development government of India.
Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti runs all the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya schools.
The aim of NVS is to provide a good quality and modern Education. Also the focus on cultural values are strong. They also aim to create awareness of nature, environment. They have lots of focus on physical education. The main aim is to provide an equal opportunity for the childrens from rural areas so that they are not left behind in education.
Hence for admission to Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas , the preference is given to children from the rural areas (75% seats for rural children ).
Also Seats are reserved
- SC and ST communities in proportion to their population in the district as per govt norms
- One third seats are reserved for girl child
- 3% seats are reserved for kids with disability
Official website of NVS : https://navodaya.gov.in
Navodaya Vidyalaya Admissions
Admission to Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya is made through a Selection Test. These tests are designed and conducted by the CBSE. The name of the test is: Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test or JNVST.
This is a written test and is designed so as to ensure that talented children from rural areas are able to compete.
NVS Admissions to Class 6
Admission to class VI is through the JNVST admission test for class 6. Below points are to be noted if you are planning to apply
NVS Admission Eligibility Class 6
- Only children from the district where the Navodaya Vidyalaya is located are eligible to apply in that school
- Children should be studying in class V when applying for the test
- The age of the child should be between 9 to 13 years for class VI admission
- Even if for a single day if a child has studied in a urban school, he/she will be considered for urban area
- Children in valid age limit but for any reason where not promoted to class V are not qualified to apply
Other Important points
- And any Child can appear for this test only once.
- 75Z% seats are filled by students from urban area and remaining from rural area
- SC/ST reservations as per govt guidelines
- 1/3 seats are reserved for girl child
- And three percent sears are reserved for children with disability
JNVST Selection Test Exam Subjects
- Mental Ability , Duration 60 Minutes , Weightage 50 %
- Arithmetic , Duration 30 Minutes , Weightage 25 %
- Language , Duration 30 Minutes , Weightage 25 %
JNVST Selection Test Exam Syllabus
Click here for Syllabus, Topic and Sample Papers
Languages in which JNVST test can be given
There are 20 languages in which this test can be given
- Manipuri (Meitei Mayek)
- Manipuri (Bangla Script)
NVS Admissions to Class 9
Navodaya Vidyalaya class 9 admissions are done through Lateral Entry test which are notified if there are seats vacant in class 9.
NVS Admission Eligibility Class 9
- Must have passed class 8 from any govt or government recognized schools.
- Should have studied in the district where the Navodaya Vidyalaya is located
- Should be greater than or equal to 13 years and less than on equal to 16 years
- The age eligibility is applicable to all including SC/ST
NVS Admission Class 9 Entrance test subjects
The test is conducted in English and Hindi . test is of 3 hours. Below are the subjects and marks. total marks are 100.
- English – 15 marks
- Hindi – 15 marks
- Maths – 35 marks
- Science – 35 marks
Test is generally conducted in the Navodaya Vidyalayas of that district.
NVS Admissions to Class 11
The admission to class XI is against the seat availability in the respective Navodaya Vidyalaya. The vacant seats are advertised in the local newspapers of the district and hence any one who wish to apply need to check that.
NVS Admission Eligibility Class XI
- Candidates should be between 14 to 18 years of age
- Must have passed Class Xth ( CBSE board, Or any other recognised state boards)
- Must have passed from a school which is located in same district where the JNV is located
Admission procedure for class XI
The admission to class XI in JNV is based on the merit list prepared based on the marks obtained in class X.
NVS Admission Schedule 2020
There are 2 phases for JNVST 2020.
- The Phase 1 exam of JNVST 2020 was held on 11th January, 2020
- The Phase 2 exam was to be conducted on 11th April, 2020.
- The results for Phase 1 was expected in March 2020 .
- The result of phase 2 was to be declared by May 2020 .
JNV Class 6 Application Form 2020 – How to Apply
Students who want to appear for the JNVST selection test for admission to Class 6 in the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya across India are needed to fill in the JNVST 2020 application form. T
Please find the step by step guide to fill in the application form of JNVST 2020.
- You need to visit the official website for NVS Admissions – nvsadmissionclasssix.in
- Click on the link “Apply for Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test for Class VI (Session 2020-21)”
- A new window will appear, click on the link ‘registration – phase 1’
- Register on the website and then you need to fill the application form
There is no application fee for JNVST application form 2020.
But please note:
Class VI Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test, 2020 (JNVST-2020) scheduled to be held on 11th April, 2020 in respect of Winter Bound JNVs is postponed due to administrative reasons. Rescheduled date will be communicated.
What are the documents required for NVS admission
Documents needed during the admission ( and these documents are verified at the school)
- Address proof or the resident proof
- Age proof – Now for class VI and Class IX, birth certificate will be the age proof. For class XI admission you can submit class X certificate as age proof.
- Category certificate – SC/ ST / With Disability etc
- Certificate for Rural category applicants
JNVST Exam preparation tips
- The most important thing to understand is time management and hence practice with time in mind.
- The syllabus is based on CBSE and hence refer to NCERT text book. They are best for preparation
- Practice daily – very important as this will help in better managing the time
- Get some good books on previous years question banks. You can check some of our recommendation on Amazon below.
- Mental Ability test is most important and take this topic very seriously.
- Mental Ability test is of 60 mins and his high scoring as well. So concentrate on this more.
JNVST Exam best book for preparation
Looking for KV Admissions – click here
Navodaya Vidyalaya Admissions are not easy. Remember JNVST is one of the most competitive exams for an school admission in India. The main aim of this residential school is to find the most meritorious students from Indian rural areas and give them the opportunity to excel in every field of their life. Navodaya Vidyalayas offer the best infrastructure and best teaching facilities and hence a lot of children compete for the same. But yes it does not mean that it is impossible.
Remember friends. Nothing is impossible. And hence Navodaya Vidyalaya Admissions test is also not difficult to crack if you practice well. So all the best friends. Do write back to me at firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions or post your comment in the comment box below. You friend sanjeev!