Internet has opened up a lot of wonderful opportunities. Tutoring has been one of the best freelancing jobs for a long time. It is one of the oldest and noble profession. With internet this opportunity has become more wide. So whether you are a teacher and you are looking for extra money or you stay and home and want to get a home based job or you are a college student and would like to fund your own education, online tutor jobs can be a answer. Check these out.
Why online tutoring?
There are many benefits online tutoring offers. Let’s look at some important ones
- Work from Home: This is the biggest benefit this online tutor jobs offers. You can take care of your family and also do the job. so if you are in a situation where you cannot go out for work. Try online tutoring.
- You have a big market: When you work offline, you have access to students of your area only. But when you go online, you have a big market to cater to. Not just your local market, but also anywhere in the world.
- You learn along the way : yes, the more you teach, the more you learn. That is the beauty of this job and you become an expert.
- You earning potential increases with experience and popularity – the more you teach the more experience you gain and the more you become popular, more money you can make.
- Easy to request and share feedback. The more good rating you have, the more in demand you are.
- Regular source of income: A very important point to note. If you a build a good rapport with your batch. You are going to be with them for a long time.
So it’s all about having a good communication, being confident and have a passion for teaching and then there you go. You can earn a lot of money. So how much you can earn. Lets find that out!
How much an online tutor earns?
This is a good earning potential job. You can easily make 200 to 500 rupees an hour to start with and can easily earn more as you gain experience.
Let us take a average rate of Rs 300/hour.
In a typical job you give 8 hours. So you can earn up to 2400 rupees / day.
Now if you work for 21 days in a month ( I exclude Saturdays and Sundays) you can easily make 2400*21 = 50400 /- per month. Now you can also add saturdays and sundays and improve your earning potential.
So if you are a student and you give around 2 hrs per day for this you can easily make around Rs 12000 /- (twelve thousand ) per month ( 200*2*31 ). And this money will be good enough to take care of your college expenses.
How to make online tutoring more effective
Like every other job, online tutoring also need effort, hard work and strategy. Few tips to make this work well
- Engage with students: Make learning fun. And if you are passionate about teaching, I am sure you can. You have been an student in past and you know what it means to be a good teacher.
- Be on time: When you are online, you are at home. But does not mean that you don’t need to maintain time. Else you will loose students fast. There is lot of competition. So be on time and be available.
- Answer questions and if you are not able to, let them know that you will respond back latter and make sure that you respond back latter
- Always request for feedback and give your feedback as well
- Make sure that you provide adequate practice material
- Use a very simple and easy to understand language. Never hesitate to use a local language if your batch is comfortable with that
- Connect with your students on social media. Create your own page on social media
What is the process to get a online tutor jobs
The process to get a online tutor jobs is quite easy
- Go to the website where you want to apply for online tutor jobs
- Click on “Become a Tutor” , “Become a Teacher” or “Join US” – similar links
- Fill in the form and wait for them to contact you. They might request your complete profile, educational and experience details and a demo class
- Prepare well for demo class. Once done, and you are selected, you can start taking classes.
You may also like : Top 10 Highest Paying jobs in India
Where to apply for online teaching jobs?
Below are some of the most popular ones where you can apply for online teaching or tutoring jobs
Vedantu : (https://www.vedantu.com/become-a-teacher) : Probably one of the most popular ones today. They offer all the subjects – CBSE and ICSE and all the classes. And they also have dedicated packages for JEE, NEET and other entrance exams. Earning potential is quite good with full time earning potential upwards of Rs 75000 per month.
Edugraff https://edugraff.com/become-teacher : They are a company based out of kerala, India and are focused on CBSE, ICSE and State Boards.
Tutor.com https://www.tutor.com/apply : One of the oldest and a very popular ones in US and UK
TutorVista : http://www.tutorvista.com/teaching-jobs : Antother popular name in online tutoring world.
Chegg: https://www.chegg.com/tutors/ : One of the best websites if you are looking for hourly rates.
TutorMe: https://tutorme.com/apply/ One of the recognized ones for ACT, GRE coaching. They have Engineering subjects coaching as well. So they are not just focused on school education.
Online tutor jobs are one of the great ways to be financially independent. You can also add value to many other lives. Share your knowledge and also learn more in the process. I hope you liked this information. In case you have any question you can always write back to me or post your comments in the comment box below. Have a great day! Your friend Sanjeev