Homeopathy is a way of medicine that has been used in India for many years. World Homeopathy Day is on April 10th so let us know more about this day and why is this celebrated?
Homeopathy is an alternate way of medicine used by the doctors of yesteryears.
It has been used in many countries to treat common diseases and long-term illnesses. It is considered to be effective in diseases that do not need surgery.
About World Homeopathy Day
World Homeopathy Day is celebrated on the 10th of April. This is the birthday of Dr. Christian Friedrich Samuel Hahnemann.
He is also known as the father of Homeopathy. In the year 2021, it is his 266th birthday.
He was working in Paris, a city in France. He was a physician who treated the people with help of homeopathy, he had great contributions in the field of Homeopathy.
Hence World Homeopathy Day is celebrated to also remember his contributions to this field.
How homeopathy works?
Homeopathy and how it works: it is one of the important forms of medicine. It is used as an alternative to allopathic medicine.
This method uses the person’s own body’s way of treating the illness, it just enhances the effectiveness of that response of the body.
It helps trigger the response sooner and stronger. It works by the method of treating a sickness by inducing similar symptoms with the use of a dosage of natural ingredients.
This treatment is being used all over the world in many countries. All the ingredients used for treatment are used in a very small quantity, so it takes a long time to treat.
But it is believed that after spending a long time treating the root cause, it shall be treated, and hence the cases of reoccurrences are fewer.
So when is World Homeopathy Day celebrated?
World Homeopathy Day: it is celebrated on 10th April each year. Though it is celebrated on the birthday of a special person, it is not just a birthday celebration.
It is celebrated to understand and realize the importance of Homeopathy in the treatment of humans.
It also celebrates the future strategies to be undertaken to have further development in the field of Homeopathy and all the challenges that will come in its way.
This certain day is used to increase the awareness among people about the use of Homeopathy to treat illnesses that may take longer and have side effects in allopathic ways. This is a very successful and trusted way of treating people.
About Dr. Hahnemann
Dr. Hahnemann full name was Dr. Christian Friedrich Samuel Hahnemann.
He was a German physician who tried to create an alternative method of treating people other than allopathy.
He was born in the year 1755 in the city of Meissen near Dresden. He was very proficient in many languages such as English, French, Italian, and Greek.
He built the basis of treatment by homeopathy. He said that it is based on the principle of “like treats like”.
He meant that if similar symptoms are generated with the use of medicine then it is likely to treat the disease that has the symptoms.
He started the use of plants, animals, and minerals along with synthetic substances to treat people.
The ingredients used are highly diluted in homeopathy.
Homeopathy in India
Homeopathy in India: India has been using Homeopathy for many years now. India is also the largest manufacturer of homeopathic drugs; these are traded globally.
In India Homeopathy is part of alternative medicine system. These treatments are included under the AYUSH ministry.
The theme of the celebration of World Homeopathy day in the year 2020 was “Enhancing the scope of Homeopathy in Public health”. It means looking for ways in which homeopathy can help the larger number of populations together at one time.
There are as many as 2,00,000 registered homeopathic doctors in India and an addition of 12000 every year.
In comparison to this, there are a smaller number of such doctors in the US. But on the other hand, countries like Brazil, Switzerland, and Mexico utilize it in their national health system.
Ways to observe World Homeopathy Day and uses of Homeopathy:
Homeopathic doctors use this day to increase the awareness of the use of homeopathy among patients the benefits of using this method. The treatment of homeopathy is used to treat long term illnesses such as:
- Food allergies
- Skin infection
- Ear infection
- Throat infection or cold
- High blood pressure
- Patches on the skin
- Joint pain
- Body odour
It works well in cases where the immediate operation or surgery is not necessary.
It is also believed to be helpful in treating diseases like diarrhea, malaria, H1N1, and others.
Interesting facts and myths about homeopathy
- Homeopathy takes a long time to cure illness. The remedies are not slow. The length of treatment tenure actually depends on the stage of the illness. The earlier the treatment is started the faster the patient will be cured. Those diseases which are chronic in nature will need a longer time to be cured to treat the root cause behind the problem.
- Homeopathy can not be used to treat acute illnesses. This is not true. It has been very effective in treating illnesses such as fever, cold, and vomiting. The relief is immediate. Homeopathy is not useful in illnesses that need hospitalisation or surgery but it works well for others.
- The medicine used in homeopathy contains steroids: this is not at all true. There are no steroids used in the medicine. They are generally naturally found substances and are used after a long processing and trituration process. There is not even a small trace of heavy metal in the medicines used.
- Homeopathy treatment can not be used along with allopathic treatment: this is not true for all cases. In around 60% of cases, the common aliment medicines are also used with the homeopathic medicines. Like medication for high BP or diabetes and so on are not interrupted. They are sometimes advised to give a small gap in between of around 30 minutes.
- Homeopathy aggravates the illness before treating it: unwanted aggravation is avoided in all cases. As there may be sometime before the effect is seen. Patients feel that the problem has been aggravated by the medicine, while this had happened due to the nature of the disease.
- Homeopathy can be used to avoid surgery: this is not true always. As there are no surgical procedures in Homeopathy, in cases of treatment where surgery is the only option, homeopathy can not be used.
Friends, like all illness and medications it is important to consult your doctor before taking any medication.
The same goes with Homeopathy . hope you liked my article on World Homeopathy Day. If you have any comments, do write back.
You may also like – National Maritime Day India – 5th April